Yale Women's 7s
Yale Women’s 7s Information Pack
Like Yale Women's 7s Event on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest news.
70 Central Avenue, New Haven, CT 06515
Bus Parking will be on Central Avenue. The field is a 3 minute walk from the road.
On arrival, please check in at tournament desk located at the large blue Yale storage sheds.
The tournament will be scored by a points system, in which each team is ranked by points based on its first two games. The two teams with the bottom points total in their group are guaranteed a total of three games, while the top two teams in their group will play four games.
- 4 points for a win.
- 2 points for a draw.
- 0 points for a loss
- If there is a points tie in the final group standings, placings will be decided by points difference.
- If there is a tie game in the playoff stages, the winner will be the team that scored first in the match (Try, Penalty or Drop Goal).
The tournament will follow World Rugby 7s Guidelines.
A team may bring any number of players to the tournament, however, only a maximum of 12 can be used in any given game. There will be a maximum of 5 substitutions per game. Once a player has left the field they cannot return (exception is if they are replacing a player with a blood injury or suspected concussion).
For more information visit http://laws.worldrugby.org/?variation=2
There will be a medical team with an ambulance pitch side for the duration of the tournament. This will be for medical attention only and not taping or strapping. If taping or strapping is needed, this must be done by individual colleges. It is suggested that each team brings their own trainer/medical staff.
- There are no changing facilities or indoor facilities pitch side. It is suggested that each team brings their own tent.
- There will be no food available on site. Please bring your own food.
- There will be a water tap available to re-fill bottles (bring a cooler as it is located 200 yards from the pitch)
- Teams to locate alongside pitch, opposite to the tree line. Tournament director will coordinate.
For anymore information, please contact Craig Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org or (457) 209 6176.